Is it mid-April already? Geesh! – the year is really flying by! If your life is like mine, this time of year really ramps up with all the school activities and weekend plans. Throw a traveling spouse and graduating high school senior in there and my life is really hectic right about now. But really, it’s all good. Despite all the craziness, I’m trying to enjoy it all and really be present.
I thought it would be a good time to check-in with the list I made back in January, a list of things that I want to accomplish this year. Let’s see how I’m doing so far:
In 2013 I want to:
- ✓Throw a graduation bash for my son. In in the works and takes up a great deal of my time. It should be fun!
- Redecorate and organize my daughter’s room. I can’t even start a project this big until graduation is over.
- Read more. I love to read and have had the same books sitting on my nightstand forever. Ugh, nothing. Hopefully this summer.
- ✓Scrapbook. I am determined to finish my son’s School Days book before he goes to college! And my daughter’s 1st Year book is 11 years late. I am pleased to say that I am on schedule with my son’s scrapbook! It’s so much fun scrapbooking all his old school memories.
- ✓Take a Bible study class. Yes, I did a 6 week study at my church and I learned so much.
- ✓Redesign my blog. It’s done! What do you think?
- Get the family photos out of my computer and into frames. No, this still needs to be done.
- Continue French lessons. Unfortunately the French class I used to take doesn’t work for me anymore, but I plan to study on my own this summer and continue lessons in the fall.
- Re-introduce yoga. Kettlebell class kicks my butt 3 times a week, but I miss yoga. No yoga yet, but I am still going to kettlebell class.
- Take a family vacation that does not revolve around visiting a college. Hopefully that will happen this summer, now that college visits are out of the way.
- Hire a trainer for Chili Dawg. He’s really smart and knows many commands, but obeys selectively. He needs a tune-up. I need my budget to be clear of start-up college costs first.
- Go to Vegas with my girlfriend. I have never been and need a poolside/spa vacation at a luxury hotel. Maybe this is still possible; here’s hoping.
- Publish an ebook. This is a goal for the fall, when the big kid is off to college and I have more time.
- Get regular massages. I got a massage and while it was nice, I need to keep looking for someone else.
Hmm…only 4 tasks completed out of 14. Well, I guess that I’ll have a very productive summer and fall then!
How’s your year shaping up? Are you doing all that you set out to do?
© 2013 – 2015, Funkidivagirl.com. All rights reserved. Republished only with permission.