Check-in Of My 2013 List

Is it mid-April already?  Geesh! – the year is really flying by!   If your life is like mine, this time of year really ramps up with all the school activities and weekend plans.  Throw a traveling spouse and graduating high school senior in there and my life is really hectic right about now.  But really, it’s all good.  Despite all the craziness, I’m trying to enjoy it all and really be present.

I thought it would be a good time to check-in with the list I made back in January, a list of things that I want to accomplish this year.  Let’s see how I’m doing so far:

In 2013 I want to:

1. Throw a graduation bash for my son.  In in the works and takes up a great deal of my time.  It should be fun!
  2. Redecorate  and organize my daughter’s room.  I can’t even start a project this big until graduation is over.
  3. Read more. I love to read and have had the same books sitting on my nightstand forever.  Ugh, nothing.  Hopefully this summer.
  4. Scrapbook.  I am determined to finish my son’s School Days book before he goes to college!  And my daughter’s 1st Year book is 11 years late.  I am pleased to say that I am on schedule with my son’s scrapbook!  It’s so much fun scrapbooking all his old school memories.
  5. Take a Bible study class.  Yes, I did a 6 week study at my church and I learned so much.
  6. Redesign my blog.  It’s done!  What do you think?
  7. Get the family photos out of my computer and into frames.  No, this still needs to be done.
  8. Continue French lessons.  Unfortunately the French class I used to take doesn’t work for me anymore, but I plan to study on my own this summer and continue lessons in the fall.
  9. Re-introduce yoga.  Kettlebell class kicks my butt 3 times a week, but I miss yoga.  No yoga yet, but I am still going to kettlebell class.
  10. Take a family vacation that does not revolve around visiting a college.  Hopefully that will happen this summer, now that college visits are out of the way.
  11. Hire a trainer for Chili Dawg.  He’s really smart and knows many commands, but obeys selectively.  He needs a tune-up.  I need my budget to be clear of start-up college costs first.
  12. Go to Vegas with my girlfriend.  I have never been and need a poolside/spa vacation at a luxury hotel.   Maybe this is still possible; here’s hoping.
  13. Publish an ebook.  This is a goal for the fall, when the big kid is off to college and I have more time.
  14. Get regular massages.  I got a massage and while it was nice, I need to keep looking for someone else.

Hmm…only 4 tasks completed out of 14.  Well, I guess that I’ll have a very productive summer and fall then!

How’s your year shaping up?  Are you doing all that you set out to do?

© 2013, Funkidivagirl.com. All rights reserved. Republished only with permission.

Comments on this entry are closed.

• Natasha Foreman May 11, 2013, 11:52 pm

Hey girly!
    To help with item #14 I have an amazing massage therapist named Stephanie that will come to your home or wherever. She’s in Metro Atlanta (Smyrna to be exact). She specializes in Swedish, Shiatsu, Thai, Deep Tissue, Lymphatic and Neuromuscular Massages. Rather than post all of her info here I will send you or James her info via FB. Take care and wishing you well on completing the other items on your 2013 list!

Natasha

• Krystal Grant May 8, 2013, 7:24 pm

Hey…if your girlfriend can’t make it to Vegas, I’m available! LOL

• hangingwithangie April 22, 2013, 11:54 am

Girl, look, Rome wasn’t built in a day and for that fact neither was the world. As long as you don’t add on to the list you’ll get it done. I believe in you.
    hangingwithangie´s last blog post ..I’ve Missed You

• funkidivagirl April 24, 2013, 1:37 pm

You are so right Angie! I need to cut myself some slack – and not anything else to my list!

• Robin April 18, 2013, 8:45 pm

Wow! I would say this is quite an accomplishment! After looking at my long list one year and being frustrated seeing only 3 things checked off by year end I realised that these three things took 80%+ Of my time and were my biggest ‘rocks’ I needed to accomplish. I have since learned to focus on the top 3 things I need to accomplish and now ‘allowing’ myself to be ok with my ‘mental rejuvenation’ activities (paleo cooking, crafting, reading, yoga etc). I’m less stressed (try to be) and feel really good that I’ve made some major strides towards my goals, even if it’s just 3 things. I can only imagine how my life will be 7yrs from now when I’m prepping my daughter to go off to college! Thanks for the ‘sneak peek’.

• funkidivagirl April 18, 2013, 10:02 pm

Well, Paleo cooking, crafting, reading and yoga are A LOT of things! Heck, Paleo cooking itself is major! You are right…I can only focus on so much at a time and graduation is the priority right now. And let me tell you, getting that scrapbook up to date is really a big deal!

• Darcie-Such the Spot April 18, 2013, 5:34 pm

We have a lot in common I think :)

I hope you’ll post details of your son’s graduation party. I’d love to see what you come up with! We’re doing a Parisian luncheon for Torri’s (for obvious reasons).

You know I’m partial to the blog design.

Tell me more about this Bible study. Was it devoted to a particular book or more general? Have you ever done a Beth Moore study? She’s amazing. I’ve done several and have learned so much each time.
    Darcie-Such the Spot´s last blog post ..This little light

• funkidivagirl April 18, 2013, 9:59 pm

Yes, the Bible study was Beth Moore in Dueteronomy – something that I would not have chosen to study on my own. She’s great; she really made it interesting and I learned so much.

I love Torri’s graduation party theme! I saw some really cute ideas on Pinterest for that. I have a boy, so you know he’s not that into the planning at all, but my daughter is helping. She suggested a candy bar (of course, she’s a candy monster), so we are doing that. And we’re having a photo booth and DJ for dancing. It should be fun.