I can’t believe that it is already the end of January! Where did the holiday season go? I haven’t blogged since December 18th – yikes! My life is crazy; please forgive me.
So what’s been going on with me? Well, my husband travels a lot for work so I’m parenting solo most of the time and explains much of my blogging absence. A friend said to me last night, “you know it’s like he’s being deployed – it’s not war and maybe it’s to a Ritz Carlton somewhere – but you are the spouse left behind.” I had a breakdown a few weeks ago when I was late getting my daughter to school, which made me late taking my dog to daycare, which made me late to a meeting and all the while my car tire had a slow leak. I survived with a good car scream. The traveling will continue so if you see me parked on the side of the road screaming, just drive on by, I’ll be fine in a little while.
I have a high school senior! How did that happen?! Another reason that I have been absent is because his college application process has consumed many of my waking hours. He has applied to 12 schools and we have visited at least 16 campuses. We’re in the home stretch now; just one more campus to visit and one more violin audition to complete before this is all over – at least until the spring when the admission offers start coming. This spring is going to be so exciting! And sad….I miss him already.
I didn’t have time to make resolutions because the beginning of 2013 was consumed with prepping to attend the 2nd inauguration of President Barak Obama. That was fun and I’ll blog about that later, but Darcie’s post of her 2013 checklist made me think about what I want to do in 2013. These are not really resolutions, but hopeful plans.
In 2013 I want to:
- Throw a graduation bash for my son.
- Redecorate and organize my daughter’s room.
- Read more. I love to read and have had the same books sitting on my nightstand forever.
- Scrapbook. I am determined to finish my son’s School Days book before he goes to college! And my daughter’s 1st Year book is 11 years late.
- Take a Bible study class.
- Redesign my blog. It’s already in the works!
- Get the family photos out of my computer and into frames.
- Continue French lessons.
- Re-introduce yoga. Kettlebell class kicks my butt 3 times a week, but I miss yoga.
- Take a family vacation that does not revolve around visiting a college.
- Hire a trainer for Chili Dawg. He’s really smart and knows many commands, but obeys selectively. He needs a tune-up.
- Go to Vegas with my girlfriend. I have never been and need a poolside/spa vacation at a luxury hotel.
- Publish an ebook.
- Get regular massages.
What about you? What are your plans for 2013?
© 2013, Funkidivagirl.com. All rights reserved. Republished only with permission.