30 Things I Vow To Do This Summer

*Today I am participating in Mama Kat’s Writer’s Workshop by answering the prompt: 4.) 30 things you vow to do this summer.

1. Take my daughter to a Braves game.  She’s been asking since the season began.
  2. Teach my son how to drive.
  3. Update my will (see #2).
  4. Teach my daughter how to ride a bike.  What’s with my kids?  They have no interest.  I’ll have to bribe her.
  5. Start hooping again.   As in hula-hooping, not basketball.
  6. Do yoga a few times a week.
  7. Learn Janet Jackson’s “Pleasure Principle” dance with my daughter.  Just cause.
  8. Go to Blogher.  It’s my first time…should be interesting.
  9. Read to my daughter everyday.
  10. Re-read some of my favorite books like Their Eyes Were Watching God.
  11. Teach my son how to pump gas.  Not that he’s ever driving my car….
  12. Teach my son how to iron.
  13. Think of new flavors for the ice cream I make weekly with my kids.
  14. Make popsicles like King of Pops.
  15. Try some of John Kessler’s frozen yogurt recipes.
  16. See the new bears at Zoo Atlanta.
  17. Start a new business venture.  Don’t ask me how with 2 kids at home all summer.
  18. Read a chunk of The Bible.
  19. Make a dent in the 8 year back-log of scrapbooking I need to do.
  20. Take more training classes with Chili Dawg.
  21. Continue to blog at least twice a week.
  22. Make buttermilk pie.
  23. See The B 52s in concert.  I’m trying to figure out how to get my locs into a bee-hive.
  24. Go to Jamaica for a friend’s wedding.  I’m not wild about Jamaica, but I want to support the friend and take a trip alone with my husband.
  25. Catch up on movies I’ve missed seeing in the theater.
  26. Play board games with my kids in the evenings.  The classics: Yatzee, Life, Clue.
  27. Take Chili Dawg to the dog park to play.
  28. Experience the new Canopy Walk at Atlanta Botanical Gardens.
  29. Nap.
  30. HAVE FUN!

© 2010 – 2011, Funkidivagirl.com. All rights reserved. Republished only with permission.

Comments on this entry are closed.

• MommaWheel June 14, 2010, 6:32 pm

Awww Sherrelle, Meet Quel from Austin…a MochaMom too :) Above!

–The other Funkeedva :) lol
    .-= MommaWheel´s last blog ..33 Things I’d Love to Do This Summer =-.

• HomeGirl Quel June 13, 2010, 12:20 am

Love this list! I’m going to consider what I’d like to accomplish this summer too. My 2 year-old will be starting Montessori preschool in a week, so I should accomplish a LOT! :)
    .-= HomeGirl Quel´s last blog ..World Cup Soccer 2010:Why I’m Convinced This Sport Might Be Worth Getting Into =-.

• MommaWheel June 11, 2010, 6:32 pm

What a great list :)
    Make popsicles like King of Pops. (when you get the recipes can you send them to me)

Start hooping again. As in hula-hooping, not basketball. (Funny, we must be related, lol, I signed up for hooping here.)

I read The Help, the book in your sidebar. Good stuff!
    .-= MommaWheel´s last blog ..BabyWheel, She Flips, She Turns =-.

• Shannon June 10, 2010, 3:17 pm

What a great list!!! I like #7, #14, #22, anything food related and I’m there!! Have a great summer!

Shannon

• KLZ June 10, 2010, 1:48 pm

See, my dad used to make me drive to the gas station just to pump gas and come back home.

In my mom’s car though. Hmmmm.
    .-= KLZ´s last blog ..A Riddle Answered =-.

• Christopher (AKA: CaJoh) June 10, 2010, 1:28 pm

I love #3, and it looks like you saved the best two for last.

The best of skill in getting all of these things done by summers end (but hey, summer doesn’t start until the 21st right?)

Thanks for sharing,
    .-= Christopher (AKA: CaJoh)´s last blog ..RTT: Bites & Series =-.

• Florida Girl Meets the Midwest June 10, 2010, 10:16 am

I also love your book choice in #10.

I am also currently reading, “The Help.”

And my blog blurb is: “Saving the universe one Diva at time.”

Kismet?

Stopping by from Mama Kat’s.

• Funkidivagirl June 10, 2010, 11:19 am

LOL, Florida Girl…with the both of us on a mission, the world will be be boring!

• Jenners June 10, 2010, 8:35 am

Visiting from Mama Kats…

If you move to NJ, you are not allowed BY LAW to pump your own gas. Weird, huh?

And can I come and visit when you make your weekly ice cream? That sounds fantastic. I think I’ll have to steal that one!
    .-= Jenners´s last blog ..Writer’s Workshop: My Summer Plans =-.

• Funkidivagirl June 10, 2010, 11:19 am

Jenners, I lived in NJ and I LOVED not pumping my own gas!

• Darcie - Such The Spot June 9, 2010, 10:43 pm

Great list. I want to see a post or two with these ice cream recipes.

I’m jealous of the solo trip with the hubs. What I wouldn’t give for parents who would babysit…sigh.
    .-= Darcie – Such The Spot´s last blog ..Summer Blues =-.